CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM AND CULTURE
- Promotion, preservation and maintenance of positive and diverse culture for national identity, pride, integration and cohesion,
- Market Machakos County as the ultimate Tourist destination in East Africa and Africa at large.
- Research, preservation, conservation and management of Kamba’s heritage and culture
- Work in partnership with national, regional and international organizations as well as local authorities in the country to improve Machakos County tourism environment.
- To monitor the quality and standards of hospitality facilities available to both local and international tourists and advice the investors on how to improve the facilities for various target markets.
- Identification and safeguarding of Kamba’s cultural heritage for the promotion of the creative economy
- Regulate the production, sale, distribution, consumption and outdoor advertising of alcoholic drinks.
- Enhance beautification and highways cleanliness across the county
Machakos Tourism and Culture Headquarter Office is located in Machakos Town, directly opposite Machakos Police Station along Utalii Road.
CONTACT DETAILS OF KEY PERSONNEL
Name: Mwalakha M. Muniafu
Designation: Ag. Chief Officer – Tourism and Culture
Mobile Phone: +254 722 100756
Email Address: email@example.com
Name: Musau Ngumi
Designation: Director – Liqour Licensing
Mobile Phone: +254 722 419910
Name: Elizabeth Kyalo
Designation: Principal Cultural Officer
Mobile Phone: +254 726 410819
Name: Purity Mbithe
Designation: Head of Tourism Promotion and Events
Mobile Phone: +254 729 476241
Name: Judy Mungai
Designation: Head of County Parks and Recreational Facilities
Mobile Phone: +254 702 607007
Name: Agnes Nyakoni
Designation: Head of County Image
Mobile Phone: +254 710 509198