Eng. Newton Musyoka Muinde is a graduate of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) who holds a Bachelor’s of Science (B.Sc) degree in Electrical & Electronics (power option). He also holds a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Saint Paul University. Currently he is pursuing his Phd in Business Management from Strathmore University. He also holds a certificate in renewable energy technologies from National Solar Institute, New Delhi.
He is has expertise in Designing, developing & evaluating energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency during the designing, building, or remodeling stages of construction. He has also specialized in electrical systems; Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems; green buildings; lighting; air quality; or energy procurement.
Before joining County Government of Machakos, Newton has had experience of 8 years in the energy field. He is an expert in solar technologies. Among his previous projects are;
- Created and executed energy reduction plans and cost savings analysis showing different energy conservation measures (ECMs) based on analytic findings and using software modeling tools, such us TREAT and eQuest
- Identified and quantified energy conservation opportunities associated with building envelope, lighting, EMS, motors, VDFs and heating and domestic hot water systems which approximately 20% energy savings per building
- Led a team of energy auditors in conducting energy audits, savings analysis and developing energy reduction plans for projects with multiple buildings
- Prepared detailed heating system upgrade and replacement specifications incorporating high efficiency systems, assisted in budgeting, code compliance drawings, and construction drawings for projects
- Performed feasibility studies and assessments using software modeling tools for solar photo voltaic and solar thermal system designs Created curriculum and teach energy conservation classes